Tuesday, May 18, 2010

They're eyelashes, not spider legs.


I just realized today, walking through the halls at school, that practically every girl who wears makeup looks somewhat like a hooker.

I mean, sure, we've all had our share of days where we roll out of bed too late and while we're doing our makeup we accidentally put too much on and don't feel like taking some off, but things are kind of ridiculous lately. At least as far as what I've seen, girls seem to think that more is better.

I actually think some girls look better sans the unflattering orange bronzer, huge honking eyelashes, and hooker-esque blue eyeshadow. Part of what people don't realize these days is that the whole idea of makeup is to look like you're not wearing any. I can't say that about most kids at school.

My mother is a makeup artist, therefore I've pretty much grown up around makeup and seen what it looks like professionally. Please. Before you apply that 17th coat of mascara, think about it for a second.

*Greta.

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about that. What if there was a day out of the entire year that every girl showed up to school wearing no makeup? That'd be awesome.

    ReplyDelete